Heart Healthy Wild Seared Salmon Spinach Salad
Yields – 4 Servings
- Wild salmon fillets – 4 each of 3-4 oz. servings
- Whole pomegranate, de-seeded - 1 each
- Blackberries – 1 pint
- Blueberries – 1 pint
- Spinach – 12 cups+
- Avocadoes, de-seeded, de-skinned, cubed – 2 whole
- Raw Himalayan pink salt – to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper – to taste
- Oil olive – as needed
- Walnuts, raw, crushed – 4 Tbsp.
- Flat seeds, ground – 1 Tbsp.
- Chia seeds – 4 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil, drizzled
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Red wine vinegar – 1 cup
- Lemon juice, fresh – ½ lemon
- Lemon zest – 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil – ¼ to 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Local raw honey – ¼ cup
- Dijon mustard – if desired (1-2 tsp.)
Method of Preparation
- For Vinaigrette – start in kitchen blender, add vinegar, juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper. Turn blender on high with lid on.
- Slowly drizzle in honey then oil until it makes an emulsified consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Add mustard if desired.
- For Cooking Salmon – pre-season fish with oil, salt & pepper.
- In pre-heated sauté pan on medium high, cook salmon filets in olive oil until cooked through. Once cooked reserve on the side.
- For Salad – in large bowl add pomegranate seeds, berries, spinach, salt, pepper and drizzle as needed of the red wine vinaigrette. Toss lightly. Season to taste.
- Place tossed salad in your serving plates or bowls.
- Add salmon filets, avocadoes and power garnish.
- Healthy fats from avocado is used in place of cheese to make a completely heart healthy meal.
- Can remove skin from salmon.
- Do not eat skin of pomegranate. Only serve and eat the seeds.
Chef Kyle Williams