Who doesn’t love cookies? No one. Everyone loves cookies. Even people who love oatmeal and raisins have a cookie just for them. But that doesn’t mean the cookies are going to love you back. They’re just over there like, “Hey buddy, don’t blame me, you knew what I was when you ate 12 of me.” Luckily for us, Chef Kyle is sharing his delicious (and nutritious) Chocolate Chip Chia Seed cookie recipe this month. With two tablespoons of Chia seeds, these cookies are full of antioxidants, omega-3s, and of course yumminess.
Chocolate Chip Chia Seed Cookies
Yields – 12-16 cookiesDownload Recipe
For the Cookies You’ll Need
- 1 cup - Butter
- 1 cup - White Sugar
- 1 cup - Brown Sugar
- 2 Chia Eggs (1 tbsp seed + 3 tbsp warm water = 1 egg) or 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp - Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup - Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 tsp - Warm Water
- ½ tsp - Salt
- 3 cups - Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
Method of Preparation
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chia seeds in warm water and soak for 5-10 minutes. Strain off excess water (follow the ration above.)
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the chia eggs, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in warm water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- Drop large spoonful’s onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges are brown. (Set a timer and check every 3-5 minutes).
- DO NOT overcook.
- Use dark chocolate or soy-free chips for an added health benefit.
- For gluten-free, substitute gluten-free flour blends.
From the kitchen of Chef Kyle Williams. Bon appetite!