Fresh lettuce cups are a delicious low-carb option for lunch or dinner. And this one has an Asian flair. Tucked inside delicate butter lettuce leaves, you'll find a delightful combination of Thai chili, tender turkey, and crispy-crunchy vegetables.
Asian Thai Chili Turkey Lettuce Cups
- Ground turkey – 2 lbs.
- Purple cabbage – 2 cups
- Yellow onion, diced – ¼ cup
- Garlic, minced – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger, minced – 1 tablespoon
- Carrots, diced – ¼ cup
- Bean sprouts – optional – ½ cup
- Sweet Thai chili sauce – ½ - 1 cup
- Soy sauce – gluten free – 1-2 tablespoon
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Sesame oil – as needed
- Butter lettuce – for cups – 2 heads
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Avocado slices
- Black & white sesame seeds
- Sweet Thai chili sweet drizzle
- Crushed chili flakes for more spice
Method of Preparation
- In large pan on medium high heat, add sesame oil, onions, cabbage, and ground turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally.
- Once turkey is completely cooked, drain off any juices or fat.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrots, bean sprouts and sesame oil if desired and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add sauces and season to taste.
- When done, remove from pan and allow to cool in dish.
- Once turkey mix (still warm) is cool enough, spoon out ¼ - ½ cup of mix and place in lettuce cups.
- Place lettuce cups on plate.
- Garnish each cup with garnishments and serve.
- Sweet Thai chili sauce can be found at grocery stores and/or your local Asian market.
- To make the dish fancy, swap fresh shrimp for the turkey.
- To make soy free, remove soy sauce and use Coco Aminos.
- This recipe is gluten free and dairy free.
From the kitchen of Chef Kyle Williams. Bon appetite!