The sun has returned, and the weather has warmed to what I like to call “grillin’ weather.” You know the weather, the kind where when you walk outside, you’re overcome with the desire to fire up the grill and cook some meat. Sure, you could do the standard burgers and dogs, but if you’re looking to step up your grilling game, then I suggest giving these lamb lollipops a go. They’re easy, fast, and most importantly – delicious.
Grilled Lamb Lollipops
Yields – 4 servingsDownload Recipe
For the Mint Gremolata You’ll Need
- 1 cup – fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup – fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 each – lemons zested
- 1-2 each – fresh lemons, juiced
- 1 Tsp. – garlic, minced
- ¼ cup – extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. – sugar (optional)
- To taste – salt
- To taste – fresh cracked pepper
For the Lamb You’ll Need
- 2 each – rack of lamb, whole, Frenched
- 2 Tbsp. – fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. – fresh thyme, chopped
- Drizzle – olive oil
- Dash – salt and pepper
- Fresh mint sprig
- Fresh greens
Method of Preparation
- Preheat charcoal/wood grill for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for grill to heat up, season lamb with oil, salt, pepper and herbs. Place on grill.
- Grill until your desired temperature of doneness. Cover lamb bones with aluminum foil to ensure bones do not burn.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5-15 minutes before slicing to retain juices and moisture.
Mix all ingredients together and season to taste. Reserve on side.
- Slice lamb between bones, creating lollipops.
- Garnish with fresh greens; drizzle gremolata on lamb and add mint sprig.
- Add your favorite starch, vegetable and/or salad to make it an entrée.
- Lamb chops recommended to serve rare to medium-rare.
Chef Kyle Williams