This hearty flatbread pizza is a delectable combination of jammy figs, salty prosciutto, and rich, creamy goat cheese. Consider making extra – this flatbread will disappear fast.
Fresh Fig & Prosciutto Flatbread
- Pita or lavash bread – 4 each
- Goat cheese, softened at room temp – 1 cup to spread + 1 cup to crumble
- Fresh figs, sliced – 12 each
- Prosciutto ham, thinly sliced – 4-8 oz.
- Caramelized onions – 1 cup
- Fresh rosemary, chopped – 1-2 tsp.
- Optional – blue cheese crumbles – 1 Tbsp.
- Baby arugula – 1-2 cups
- Sea salt – as needed
- Fresh cracked pepper – as needed
- Local honey – drizzle as needed
- Aged balsamic – for garnishing – drizzle as needed
Method of Preparation
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using pita bread or lavash bread, thinly spread goat cheese evenly across flatbread.
- On each individual flatbread, layer & sprinkle each with prosciutto, caramelized onions, rosemary and fresh figs.
- Top with more goat cheese and/or blue cheese if desired.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts and flatbread is cooked to desired doneness. Should be around 5-15+ minutes depending on your oven. Be sure to rotate every 2 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and cool for 2-4 minutes.
- Cut in 4-6 pieces and plate.
- Garnish the flatbread with any options you like.
- Gluten free option: use gluten free flatbread dough or even gluten free bread.
- Dairy free option: use avocado and omit cheese. Then make sure your flatbread dough – whether homemade or purchased – is dairy free, too.
- Not a fan of goat and/or blue cheese? Substitute a white blended cheese to top flatbread.
From the kitchen of Chef Kyle Williams. Bon appetite!